Monday, September 27, 2010

Do You Notice A Pattern?

I don't, except to note that the online world is strangely populated with attempts, one-offs, hopes without result, brilliant ideas, with no follow through. So many abandoned blogs and websites out there like ghost ships. What is their story? Why did their crew disappear? Why haven't they been heard from in months or years? I have left my own words floating abandoned out there, which means some code is on a server somewhere, or rather a certain arrangement of molecules is on a server somewhere, which if accessed  properly can be read as my words, so it's not really floating out there like a ghost ship:  it's a hieroglyph, a cave painting. I'm already part of a lost civilization!  I don't know. It's a rainy day everything seems abandoned. Half the worldwide web seems abandoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment